Tropical.rb - The Latam Rails Conference
Tropical.rb is back as the major Rails conference in Latam. Tickets sold out in less than 3 days, but you still have a chance to join us to celebrate the Ruby on Rails Latam community and 20 years of Rails release.
Twenty years later, Ruby on Rails remains the best framework to start a business or any modern web application by yourself. Rails is the ‘One Person Framework’
Submit your talk by January 10th.
It will take place on April 4 & 5, 2024 in São Paulo, Brazil.
With a two days, single-track, you’ll be at the center of the action - don’t miss this opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals and be part of an unforgettable experience of acknowledgment and inspiration exchanging! Send your talk and get ready to be a part of something truly special.
All talks will be recorded and released on our YouTube channel a few weeks after the event.
First-time speakers are more than welcome, we will love fresh perspectives and new voices!
- Invitation to our exclusive speaker’s dinner!
- Free admission to the conference (if you already have purchased a ticket and are accepted to speak, we’ll issue a refund!).
- Format: we will have talks of 25~30 minutes, with until 5 minutes to Q&A
- Language: your talk can be in English or Portuguese, feel free to submit and speak in your comfort language
What kind of talks Tropical.rb is looking for?
We would love to have talks that explore emerging trends and innovative approaches to building applications with Rails. We want to hear about ideas that are forward-thinking, yet practical. Now and in the future, how does Rails make hard tasks possible, easy, trivial, or even delightful, promoting developer happiness and productivity?
- The state of Rails and its ecosystem, including emerging technologies and trends
- Case studies of successful Rails projects and the challenges you faced
- Using Rails to build applications for emerging technologies such as blockchain and AI
- The future of Rails and its role in the broader tech industry, including potential areas for growth and innovation
- Best practices for Rails development, including testing, deployment, and performance optimization, and the pros and cons of various hosting options
- Ways you use Rails which reinforce the elements of the Rails doctrine
- Rails at scale, or a real world example of growing with Rails
- Whether you’re a seasoned veteran or a newcomer to the Rails ecosystem, we encourage you to submit proposals that challenge the status quo, showcase forward-thinking ideas and visionary insights, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
A group of volunteers will review all proposals and select the presentations. If our reviewers have any questions about your submission, they will contact you to ask for more information. Please try to answer promptly and update your proposal in Papercall.io with any necessary clarifications; this will increase your chances of acceptance. Your replies will remain anonymous.
After the review process, internal discussions and the final selection , we will reach out to accepted speakers between ending of January and beginning of February. Than, we send feedback to all submitters: —whether approved, on the waiting list, or rejected.
We will reserve some talks for waiting list, in case, at the time of the selection, some speakers become unavailable or unresponsive, we will reach out to speakers on the waiting list until two weeks later.
Any other questions? Reach us out to firstname.lastname@example.org