Thursday and Friday March 26 - 27, 2020
Come grow with us! The second annual WeRockIT Conf, WeRockIT 2020, is on its way! We are based in Huntsville, Alabama and serve Huntsville, Nashville, Chattanooga, Atlanta, and the greater Southeast.
WeRockIT Conf’s mission is to showcase and grow diverse voices in technology. We are laser-focused on celebrating inclusion and excellence in tech. WeRockIT 2020 will be a 2-day technical conference focused on technology while creating a safe and thoughtful space.
WeRockIT 2020 will have talks and workshops appropriate for all levels.
- Our novice programmer track builds skills for new career developers with 0 - 5 years experience.
- Our senior programmer track is workforce development for professionals with over 5 years of experience.
- Our workshops come included with the conference at no extra cost and show workflows, frameworks, applications, and more through interactive sessions led by industry experts.
Some speakers may qualify for a WeRockIT Conf Equity Scholarship. This scholarship helps subsidize room and travel for the conference for our speakers. We do this because we want everyone to be able to come and speak, regardless of their financial situation. The equity scholarships are only available for those whose companies cannot cover your travel costs. Members of marginalized and underrepresented communities in tech are given preference in scholarship awards. These are based on availability as sponsored. For more information contact email@example.com.
WeRockIT 2020 will be held at the Mark C. Smith Conference Center at ADTRAN’s campus in Research Park.
ADTRAN’s Mark C. Smith Conference Center
901 Explorer Boulevard
Huntsville, AL 35806 USA
WeRockIT Developers Conference 2020 Call for Sessions
We accept up to 3 submissions from any speaker. If more than 3 talks are submitted, we will remove the extra submissions from the screening process at our discretion.
In the abstract, let us know what track your talk best fits into.
- Novice developer talks are for developers with 0 - 5 years of experience and cover introductory or mid-level concepts.
- Senior developer talks cover advanced or emerging concepts at a deeper technical level and are for developers with 5+ years experience.
- Workshops are guided, interactive, code-along presentations and cover technical specifics of a practical exercise. We accept workshops on a novice to senior level.
- DevOps: Cloud, Agile, Continuous Integration, Continuous Development
- Development: Web, Backend, UX
- IoT: Embedded, Wearables
- Data Science
- 45 minute talk slot: A traditional conference talk, accompanied by visual aid, that is at least 30 minutes long. Speakers can leave room for questions or they can use the entire 45 minutes for their presentation.
- 1 hour keynote: A keynote is at least 45 minutes long with time for questions at the end. The speaker can also use the entire hour. Most of our keynotes are chosen by invitation, but we welcome submissions