This will be the first two-day conference focused on front-end concepts and technologies organized by FrontEnd Meetup Riga community and DevClub.lv (the largest local IT community). FrontCon 2018 will take place in Riga, Latvia on June 14-15 and will gather more than 250 front-end professionals, enthusiasts and invites everybody who wants to deepen their knowledge and hone their skills in front-end and web application development. As the goal is to share experience and knowledge among the international community, we support ideas of open web, open source software and free access to knowledge.
We are open to very broad set of topics both for beginners and advanced software engineers.
Topics submitted should be relevant to people in front-end development community. Here are a few topics we would love to cover:
- Production’s insights and case studies;
- JS frameworks (React, VueJS, React Native, Ionic 2, Angular);
- New CSS features (Grid specification, native CSS variables, feature queries etc);
- Mobile first, responsive front-end development;
- Front-end performance (benchmarking, using HTTP2, different optimization techniques);
- Developer toolbelt - Yarn, Docker, Webpack;
- GraphQL usage in production;
- Testing front end, from unit to integrational tests using js (including visual regression testing, testing responsive layouts, cross-platform testing etc);
- UX designer and developer collaboration, Design Thinking;
- Future of the web as a platform (e.g. PWAs, access to native APIs, Web VR etc);
- WebAssembly: technical details, use cases, success stories;
- Large-scale web applications: using multiple frameworks in a single app, modernizing legacy applications.
Submit your talk proposal now and join our group of more than 20 internationally known front-end enthusiasts to share inspiration and have a great time in Riga (a well-known tourist destination)!