About Go Conference Tokyo
Go Conference Tokyo is one of the earliest Go conferences. We hold the event half annually, and the next one will be on May 18th, 2019.
Please find the event details on our super simple website.
- Mar 16th, 2019: CFP opens.
- Apr 13th, 2019: CFP closes.
- mid Apr, 2019: authors notified, schedule published.
- Apr 18th, 2019: Open registration. (we’ll announce this on our connpass page)
- May 18th, 2019: Go Conference Tokyo 2019 Spring
We have 2 tracks for talk sessions that includes both types of sessions:
- Long session: 40 minutes time limit
- Short session: 20 minutes time limit
Also we call for proposals for Lightning Talks and Office Hours.
- Lightning Talks: 5 minutes time limit
- Office Hour: 20 minutes time limit. Imagine “AMA (Ask me anything)” for developers. You’ll have 20 minutes spot for Q&A sessions on specific topics.
Most of attendees’ primary language may be Japanese, but most of them can listen to understand English.
Proposals will be reviewed based on the selection criteria below.
- Relevance: The talk is relevant to the Go community. GoCon is not a general software conference, our audience wants to hear about topics that relate to the Go programming language.
- Clarity: You’ve clearly explained what you are going to talk about.
- Correctness: You’ve demonstrated knowledge of your topic. You don’t have to be an expert, but you are expected to be speaking from experience.
- Achievability: You’ve thought about how to present your material in the time available. Impact. The goal of the talk. What new idea, technique, tool, or information will the audience leave your presentation with? Note: This clear selection criterion is based on GopherCon’s one. Thank you.
Advice for authors
You can fix your submission until the deadline after submitting. We recommend submitting early to receive early feedback from reviewers.
- Do not write about how great the Go anymore.
- Session for beginners is welcome.
- Please don’t criticize other languages or give excessive product descriptions. Please talk technical details.