how to build the Cloud
CFP deadline extended from June 26 till July 16
Florence, December 6-7, 2017
Can your experience in the Linux world be useful to other professionals? Do you feel the value of getting into the code of the programs you are using? Do you ask yourself often «how this stuff works inside»? Do you spread and design innovative systems and want to share your opinion with hundreds of other insiders?
Submit a talk to LinuxLab!
You have time until July, 16 to submit an abstract to the first edition of LinuxLab that will be held in Florence on December, 6 and 7, 2017.
Send your proposal
In order to send the proposal, you need to fill in the online form with an abstract and the required data. This ensures a quick review by the staff, which receives the content and review it ensuring an objective and transparent feedback in the shortest possible time, in order to ease any modification to the submitted jobs.
You can submit proposals on any matter specified in the following topics, or propose new ones, related to the Linux world, for arguments which are not listed.
LinuxLab wants to be the all-around Italian conference on Linux.
The conference will be organized on two days, each with two parallel tracks. For this edition we have therefore identified four main areas, where we would like speeches to be addressed. The areas are kernel development, embedded applications, cloud computing and containers. Contributions may be theoretical or practical case studies, cross-topic proposals are welcome.
Here are the topics we have selected:
- Kernel programming, debugging, drivers, etc…
- Build systems, distributions, development tools
- System size, boot time, optimization
- Realtime Linux: strategies, methods, performances
- Security and cryptography
- Mobile devices & Android
- Bus, protocols, network stacks, standards
- Industrial Linux: automotive, safety critical, medical
- Drones, robot, automation
- Embedded Filesystems
- Graphics for embedded devices
- Audio/Video streaming, DVR, TV, Cameras, etc…
- High availability
- Cluster management
- Container Isolation
- Live migration
- Platform as a Service
- Software as a service
- Infrastructure as a service
- IoT services
- Distributed storage
- Service modelling
- Low power / High density
If you work in these areas, you’re an expert in a technology or feel you can say something interesting on one or more topics listed above, bring it on: propose a talk!
Talks can be given in English or Italian. Please submit your proposal in the language of your choice.
If your talk is accepted, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- 1 personal full ticket (non-transferable) for the 2-day conference
- Coupons for reduced tickets, to be distributed to third parties.
- Visibility through the conference communication channels (newsletter, website, blog, Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
It is strictly forbidden to advertise products/services of any company during your talk. You can mention products/services only as an example, or if commonly considered very famous (Docker, Yocto, Android, etc.). You can also mention your company dedicating up to 1 minute of your talk time to the presentation of yourself and your professional background. If you want to explicitly present your own product/service for commercial purposes please consider to hold a sponsored talk. Please note that the copyright of the speeches remains of the respective speakers. The speakers also accept responsibility for the content of their talk during the event.
The speakers who will participate in the event agree:
- to be filmed and photographed during the event and grant the organization the right to publish these documents on the conference website and other communication channels that the organizers decide to adopt.
- to provide the organizers with a digital copy of the slides, and any other communication materials that they will use to support the presentation and grant to the organizers permission to publish these materials on the conference website and other communication channels that the organizers decide to adopt.
Talk operating methods
We will accept two kind of speeches:
- 45 minutes talk
- 3 hours training
A talk is presentation of 45 minutes, given usually with slides and a projector. During a talk, the audience is not expected to do anything other than listening an/or taking notes. A talk room usually can hold as much as 100 people. Talks will be held simultaneously in two or more rooms, the duration of each talk includes the question time from the audience.
A training is a more practical speech, where the host can involve the audience in a hands-on session about a topic/technology. The presenter can ask the attendees to prepare in advance a setup (special equipment, tools, pre-installed programs, etc…). A training room usually can hold as much as 20 people.
Talks and trainings will be held simultaneously in two or more rooms, the duration of each talk/training includes the question time from the audience. In each room there will be a talk manager who will introduce the speaker and enforce the scheduled times.