Riga Dev Day 2017 is an annual conference targeted at professional developers.
It is a major conference in Baltics attracting over 500 participants. The conference will take place in the largest cinema theater in Latvia and all presentations will be translated on huge screens. All conference sessions will be recorded and available online. We will have a live streaming of the conference as well.
Riga Dev Days is a joint project by three developers user groups: Google Developer Group Riga, Java User Group Latvia, Oracle User Group Latvia. Therefore our primary topics of interest are Java, Oracle and Google technologies. The conference will have 4 parallel tracks.
All of the organizers come straight from the trenches of the industry. We know first-hand the meaning of high-quality when it comes to putting together a developer conference.
We value experience reports and deep technical presentations. Talks about trending technologies will get bonus points as well.
As a speaker you will have speaker’s dinner, full ticket to the event (obviously) and some extra fun activities. Riga Dev Days is a great place for networking and meeting fellow speakers.
- Date of RigaDevDays 2017: 15 - 17 May.
We are interested, but not limited in the following topics:
- Software development on Java Virtual Machine (anything running on the JVM, languages, tools, libraries and best practices)
- Oracle’s developer tools (SQL Developer Data Modeler, appservers, databases, PL/SQL, Business Intelligence, APEX, ADF, SQL Developer, etc)
- SQL, NoSQL, Event Processing and Big Data (cloud computing, Platforms as a Service, Big Data and NoSQL)
- Web and Mobile development (modern tools and frameworks for building mobile and web apps)
- Continuous Integration, DevOps and Test Automation practices and experience reports
- Internet of Things and embeddable technologies you could play with
- Software Architecture, Design Principles and Security
50 minutes presentation followed by optional 5 minutes questions time. Slides will be projected on huge cinema screen, best viewed in 16:9 aspect ratio.
We will notify if your talk is accepted two weeks after the CfP, latest, but most probably much earlier.
If you have any questions reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org