x33fcon 2024 (8th edition) - Training
When and Where
- 2-day training: June 11 - 12, 2023, Gdynia, Poland
- 3-day training: June 10 - 12, 2023, Gdynia, Poland
Yet another security con? Nope.
The idea behind x33fcon (pronounced /ˈziːf-kɒn/) is to focus on a very specific need of the security industry: collaboration between blue and red teams (sometimes referred to as purple teaming). We know from our professional experience how hard it can be to build a solid bridge between those who assess security and those who guard the castle. Many misconceptions and misunderstandings arise between these two groups.
We want to change that. Rather than continue to think about security from either an offensive or defensive perspective, our goal is to encourage security professionals to consider both perspectives while working more closely together. Both blue and red teams provide unique capabilities to an organization, but the collaboration between the two yields the best results.
x33fcon is an event that brings both groups together, and everyone from both sides of the fence are invited to gather, share ideas and discuss thoughts on security.
Who Should Attend
Topics planned for this conference are important for any IT security personnel, especially red teamers, pentesters, incident responders, analysts, and researchers. The conference will include high-level talks on team collaboration, case studies, and deep-dives into attack and defense techniques.
It’s a great opportunity to meet other blue and red team members, learn from their experiences and understand how attackers and defenders think and behave.
Are you responsible for security? Don’t miss out! Come along and help define what’s possible.
We are a group of security enthusiasts with many years of experience in both the offensive and defensive arena. We have worked for small companies and large multi-national corporations around the world. Our experience spans all major sectors of business including Finance, Healthcare, Energy and Aviation.
We have also contributed to, and presented at, many security events: Security BSides Warsaw, NoVA Hackers, Tech.3camp Gdansk, HackInParis, Geek Girls Carrots, and lectures at Gdansk University of Technology.
Security professionals in offensive and defensive roles should collaborate with each other - more often and more effectively. That’s the main thrust behind the creation of x33fcon; to provide a forum to boost this collaboration.
- Each training should last 2 or 3 days
- CFT submissions must be made by trainer himself/herself. No third parties should be involved
- We will contact potential trainers if any questions arise
- Incomplete submissions will be rejected. Please make sure to answer our questions in Additional Information section
- Training proposals with fewer required participants may be preferred; x33fcon is a small conference and we have observed that it is best to set the minimum number of participants to 5 (or less) to ensure the best chance of training taking place; most popular training courses may gather up to 20 people
Topics of interest
- Offensive TTPs (Tactics, Techniques and Procedures)
- Red or Blue team operator techniques
- Exploit design and implementation
- Social engineering
- Threat hunting
- Malware analysis
- Forensics, including mobile
- Hardware hacking
- Cloud and IoT security
If you believe your training is interesting but does not fall into above categories please contact us. We are open to any suggestions.